Translate

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Episode #8 - Disposable stuff

   Paper bags, paper towels, ziploc bags, swiffers, paper plates......I am not unfamiliar with using disposable stuff any more in America.
   On my little girl's first field trip in the kindergarten, I used the pretty plastic box for her lunch as just I did in Korea.
   However, I was embarrassed to see her lunch untouched opening the box to wash.  My girl told me  that chaperone moms collected only kids' paper bags, they got on the bus with their backpack left in the classroom, so she should share her lunch with her teacher.  :(
   Though as my girl couldn't speak English, that kind of accident happened, the problem was  that I didn't know the paper bag written in the letter referred to lunch.
   Since then, I have realized that disposable stuff accounts for a great deal amount of American life.
   Most Korean hesitate to use disposable stuff, even some people including me in the past feel guilty using them.
   Me in the present?  I am struggling not to use them, but I find it hard, as 'convenience' goes to 'addiction' easily.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment