Translate

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Episode #7 - Culture Difference

         
     My little daughter is a type of girl who sticks to stuff she likes and makes it the habit of sucking her thumb. Still, I cannot throw her favorite pillow cover and shoes away which have already worn away.
     It was time for my little girl to go to kindergarten as soon as we got to America. I had warned her to stop sucking her thumb before she went to kindergarten. Though she got stressed, I didn't want her to get teased by her friends due to her habit.
     However, it was not long before I came to know three girls in her classroom had  the same habits of sucking thumbs; one girl among them even carried her piece of blanket she used:)
     In addition, any of their moms didn't seem to care about it, and any kids didn't tease them with their habits. So my girl came to suck her thumb again.   
     Most Korean parents tend to restrict their kids' behavior strictly judging from their thought, but now I have no idea of what is wrong and whis is right.
     I just follow the old saying:
     "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

2 comments: